The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Heuer Monza PVD strap info
In Response To: Heuer Monza PVD strap info ()

GG,
I find that the black Monza is suited well to a huge variety of straps. Finding a bracelet will be difficult, and you run the risk of the endlinks rubbing on the PVD case.
Have you thought about a matt black mesh bracelet? On mine, I've worn it on a big holes leather, plain black leather with white stitching, rubber tropic, tan plain leather and a black NATO.. and the watch looks great on all of them.

For a bit of variety, I do like it on a vintage finish tan/sand leather strap - looks great. The big holed black leather does look very 'motorsport' vintage.

Stewart

: Gentlemen ,
: I'd like to know your opinions about which strap would suit best a
: vintage Heuer Monza PVD ref. 150.501
: like this one :
:

: From the picture from the catalogue I know it originally mounted
: the Sport Tropic band in black , but I don't really like the
: fact that it's made out of rubber.
: I therefore thought about these 2 options :
: Hirsch Rally
:
:
: or a perforated one similar to this one:
:
:

: If you have other suggestions and/or style , please let me know.
: Finally, as for the buckle, do you know whether the original
: version mounted an Heuer buckle in chrome ?
: I was thinking of adding a PVD coated one to match the case.

: Many thanks for your time. Cheers

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE