The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: always critiquing something i have notice,& the good guy

Tim,
These are my thoughts - your posts/writing style is a bit, er, well.. erratic, and sometimes not very clear, I presume English isn't your first language, most of us can see this & allow for it - this is a truly international forum, so it's not uncommon.

But still, sometimes it is difficult for me to understand what you are saying, and maybe when people reply to your posts they might not be fully understanding what you are asking - therefore replies may seem 'off' to you.

Because of this language barrier, sometimes your posts come across as being quite blunt and obtuse. This can be forgiven, but your posting behaviour is a little eccentric, if you don't mind me saying. Someone will post a WTB, and you will simply post a link to a watch you are selling on ebay, no chat, no description, nothing. Or someone posts a story about their watch & a photo, and you will post a reply saying you have one and are accepting offers. If doesn't come across as very friendly.

You asked about a sticker, your post implying it was somehow a rare thing of quality. Bootys replies, which you don't seem to like - probably because it contained information that you don't like, as it turns out the sticker isn't great quality and only worth a few dollars at most.

When someone answered your query about whether you should fit correct black hands to your orange diver, you seemed to get angry and declare that the original diver with black hands looked 'sh*t'.

Then you had a go at a German member for this slightly inaccurate English, which, a) wasn't very nice, and b) highly ironic.

I remember a while back I post a light hearted joke about Kate Moss, referencing her odd drugs habit (topical at the time), and you requested that the post be removed. Then you proceeded to request that many of my other posts be removed, even though they had nothing to do with the Kate Moss story. Even new posts I made, you simply replied with "Admin, please remove post' - I found this highly offensive, let alone perplexing. Sometimes you appear to be a really nice guy, other times you don't, I don't get it.

Sorry Tim, but you reap what you sow, and I always try to be a level headed sensible person, who avoids this kind of aggro on forums, but you can't keep blaming other people (wrongly) for responses to your actions & strange posts.

Cheers
Stewart

: Don't even post anymore if you have noticed, i have ask them
: why & their answer was have a grate day. i have noticed a
: lot of people on here seem to be uptight. IMO only NO PUN
: intended.
: Timothy A
: for Example my sticker.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE