The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Happy Birthday to Jack Heuer

This is really a fantastic looking watch, beautifully elegant with good wristpresence !! You want to be seen with it on the wrist ;-)

Great lug ends plus cool nearly vintage top and belt lines towards the shiny polished case.

DC do you know who designed the piece, was it Christof Behling? He is such a great watch designer brindgeing between modernity and past !

The angled polished bezel creates a nice contrast to the starburst finished dial with the nicely recessed subdials with concentric ridges, very threedimensional...

The indexes have such a nice size and the stronger angeled side will mirrow interesting reflections lik on the vintage Carrears.

Crown and pushers are nicely integrated as well and have great proportions.

I like the name Carrera in red and that the Chronograph hand meets every 60 seconds number 80 is a great story for the celebrations of the big creator Jack Heuer !

I believe what we see here is the photo of a mock up possibly without movement which would explain the gap between dial and tension ring.

Thank you Mark for posting very interesting !

Cheers

Arno

www.heuerchronographs.com

: David at Cal 11 has a preview of Basel on the site now:
: http://www.calibre11.com/tag-heuer-baselworld-2012-preview/

: Worth a read, and it also unveils one of the watches to be shown at
: the show. A Carrera made to celebrate Jack Heuer's 80th
: birthday:

:
:

: I wondered at first whether the Heuer shield was a red highlight
: too many but it's definitely growing on me. I'm hoping it
: signals more Carreras with no external bezel and 3-9 and 3-6-9
: register configurations.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE