The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
pushpin for Autavia Tag Heuer

Have a Tag Heuer Autavia with the face & case of a 1977 model 1163, with the MH Benzel, and a Hadley SS band from Hong Kong. All original. Does anyone know what model this is? I cannot find any numbers stamped on the case, but inside the case cover stamped it reads...Heuer-Leonidas S.A. Swiss, Stainless Steel. Then in very fine hand scratch written single line it reads... 1168UK, 11680V, or 1168UV, another scratch 9879 just above it, then to the side and even smaller P978E..All these numbers are hand scratched...maybe when it was cleaned, and seals replaced many years ago... Movement has markings..Heuer, Cal 12, seventeen, 17 jewels unadjusted, Swiss. It needs the lower pushpin, or just the cap, as it is missing. It need a new unbreakable synthetic crystal, seals and overhaul. Can anyone help with parts from watches that are not worth repairing to replace the pushpin? Or, do I have to go to the Tag Heuer Center in NJ? Are their any other repair people more reasonable than the Tag Center, as I hear they are expensive.

Messages In This Thread

pushpin for Autavia Tag Heuer
Re: pushpin for Autavia Tag Heuer
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE