The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
It looks like a Datejust with some extra stuff crammed in...

...to me. So I guess it depends how much you like Datejusts. Especially ones with the ridged bezel.

The numerals are clumsy, I don't like the off-centre 24-hour scale and cramming the usual four lines of text in just compounds the messy aesthetics.

So not one of the clean, classy Rolexes but not the ugliest either as far as I'm concerned. Some of the fancy Daytonas are much worse for me, especially for what should/could be a tool watch.

Seems like the policy of (usually) slow and careful evolution is increasingly being dropped in favour of abandon (Yacht-Master II) and lack of restraint (the Deepsea, this new Sky-Dweller). The chapter ring that just repeats "RolexRolexRolex" is just nasty I think, in danger of self-parody.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE