The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
My version of a weekend project

In response to Paul's fantastic case and even more fantastic collection, I thought I'd share my more humble case and collection. I started with an aluminium attache case from ebay;

A few hours cutting, drilling, more cutting and threading later and voila;

It is trimmed in red alcantara (faux suede) and has elastic holders to keep everything in place. It fits 8 watches laid flat, perfect for keeping corfam straps from getting too bent, or 16 if I fold the straps back on themselves. It worked perfectly until I started getting bracelets and then it didn't look right. I then hunted around for a suitable case and like Paul and a few others who have posted, couldn't find anything that suited exactly what I wanted. I found a hard resin case with perforated foam already fitted (it just needed cutting out as and where I needed) and it works just fine;

(sorry for the poor quality photo; htc camera phone and a shaky hand...

This would hold 18 watches and can have 3 slots on the far right to hold spare straps or bracelets as they wouldn't need any extra width to allow for crowns. My collection is still in its infancy so isn't quite as impressive as Paul's but we all have to start somewhere! As the foam is perforated, I can cut a slot out as and when I get another watch.

Come on, let's see some more cases!

David H

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE