The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Heuer Automatic
In Response To: Re: Heuer Automatic ()

Thanks Mark, very interesting. I don't suppose you know the relevance of the Star of David do you? I've asked many times, but no one seems to know!

Here is a pic of mine, it's a gold filled model, but most of it was worn away, so I had it blasted, but it looked awful, so I roughed up the case, hoping the base metal will develop a nice patina! You can just see the 'Made in Switzerland' under the 6. This one has the AS1580 m'ment.

Stewart

: Thank you, very interesting.

: The first dial is signed "Made in Switzerland"
: the other 2 just "Swiss"
: The design of the 1st and the 3rd is quite modern for its time.

: Stewart, a picture of your examplaire?

: Good day to you
: Eric

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE