The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Vintage Heuer circa WW1
In Response To: Re: Vintage Heuer circa WW1 ()

: Hi Norm.

: We don't have much information on these either, but yours do show a
: lot of similarities with this one on OTD:

:
:

: My guess is that that one has had the Heuer shield added, as it's
: in a form associated with several decades later and that the
: dial would originally have had no maker's name, like your
: example. These silver-cased pocket watches are essentially
: hand-made, so it's quite natural that there will be detail
: differences between them.

: I'd say you have the right decade with WWI but I couldn't narrow it
: down any more.

Thanks Mark, much appreciated. I agree the Heuer logo must of been added afterwards. Is this a watch posted in a thread, I have looked throughout this site and have not seen it. Have you ever seen early Heuer's marked E.HEUER & Co where the "o" is in the "C", I usually see them marked ED.HEUER or HEUER. My intention is to get the watch fully refurbished including the dial (as is no logo) as I want to mount it on a period strap and enjoy it. I know removing the patina would actually devalue the watch somewhat however I feel I would enjoy it more that way. I need to find someone to do this, I know where to get the dial redone, case needs to be reworked and re-silvered and interior workings re-built. The good news is the watch runs.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE