The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
You're to blame Paul
In Response To: Re: Amazing pictures ()

Cheers Paul,
This is my second Carrera, I had a CoG Blue Barrel.. I say 'had', as it was sent off to a new home; today!
I know you have one of these (510.511), a NOS example for sale - I did mention it over on TZ-UK, just in case you get an email or two.

I don't know if you recall, but I posted a while back, if there were any alternatives to a 60's Carrera.. and the guys on here came up with some lovely watches to look into. This prompted me to do some hunting around and I've started to appreciate other watches more than I did. I think the hunt for something different has opened my tastes a little, which is a good thing. It has prompted me to sell a few pieces I rarely wear. It seems this hobby of ours has some welcome surprise twists and turns along it's journey. I still believe that I will get my grubby mitts on a 60s Carrera at some point, but I'm in no rush.. I'll get there when I do - something to look forward to. Same goes for a Monaco - I've never even handled one, some would urge me to get hold of one in double quick time.. but there is no hurry.. it adds to the enjoyment in a way.

This Carrera really does appeal to me, it is toolish (esp. with it's 5100 m'ment), modern, but still vintage(esk), and bears the Carrera name - a real 'sleeper' too.

PS. I always admired your pics of your 511, so it's all your fault ;0)

Cheers
Stewart

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE