The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: EBay WW2 Heuer
In Response To: EBay WW2 Heuer ()

Hmmm, not sure. Ukraine has a patchy reputation for genuine watches at the moment, especially military-related ones. Although I don't think this one is.

The watch is clearly later than yours as shown by the addition of a pusher, though not as late as WWII. The dial still shows a lot of similarities to yours, Jarl's and the example on OTD. Silver has been dropped in favour of steel, which is probably period correct if we're working somewhere around the mid- to late 20s. The Heuer shield does look like one of the earliest and there aren't too many of those around to use as reference material.

The vagaries of signing the movement is interesting. Your movement looks largely in house, whereas this appears to be a Valjoux 22 and there is history of Heuer not signing those movements initially:

Perhaps it was the bought-in movements that weren't signed whereas their own movements were, and they only later went to signing (almost) everything. Including the Vj22:

Jarl, what movement is in yours?

There is still the location red flag and some of the seller's Omegas seem to be conversions of pocket watches with new dials, but those are flagged as "updated", which I presume is a euphemism for "completely redone". And there is this feedback on their account:

back pig is come off.But it's corresponded to repair.be careful newt time.Thanks

What is this I don't even? Ok, we'll ignore that, whilst still looking out for newts. But I think there is at least some real Heuer content in there.

Messages In This Thread

EBay WW2 Heuer
caution
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE