The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Round 900 EUR - more for value box / papers

Hello Nathan - this is a nice piece as a beater, the case has had its (more than) fair share of knocks and the chrono hands are discoloured to a nice but weak orange.
The pewter PVD is the second scarcest in terms of availability, behind the 510.502 green PVD I'd say.
Consider it will be quite impossible to restore this PVD colour - some are able to recoat in black, hardly anybody in this grey or green.

If I were you I'd ask an additional picture with all chrono hands reset to zero to check this feature, often central hands do not align properly and not many watchmakers are able to properly service a L5100 (see a post of a couple of weeks ago).
The warranty and instruction booklets are a nice touch as well is the box, but I don't think the latter is the correct one, these used to come on the 'cubic' blue one or the TAG Heuer one in the very last days.
All in all, if the watch were on its own I'd value it around 800 EUR, and throw in an additional 100 EUR for the additional items.
For comparison, Heuerboy has a very clean one, almost perfect for sale.
Cheers,
Fabrizio

Messages In This Thread

Heuer 86.1000 series, reference 510.503 Pewter Chronograph *LINK*
Round 900 EUR - more for value box / papers
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE