The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Montreal, plus a new(ish) Heuer discovery..

Just to counter my earlier Breitling post, I thought I'd better get a nice looking Heuer under my belt before I get lynched ;0)

Before you dismiss this as a boring 7750 model, there is a 'mini-discovery'... a while back, myself, with the help of OTDers, researched the 7750 Montreal & Pasadena models, and came up with a pretty extensive guide. Research shows that there were two stainless steel cased Montreals, a concave and a convex case. The convex (or barrel) type case version, is/was only ever seen with a 'no-name' dial, so when I bagged this, I was excited - was it a new discovery, or had it been redialed. Since buying this one, I have had two other collectors come forward who have the same model - a convex case WITH name on the dial, so a 'new discovery'. It might be that they are more common than I/we think, but owners probably wouldn't give it a second thought. If you have one, please post it up here!

The bracelet suits this watch wonderfully - it is an aftermarket solid link SS Hadley Roma Oyster. It is a 22mm version, and I filed down the endlinks to 20mm, giving it the same look as the factory 'cut-in' shoulders. I have to say, and please don't flame me, it is better quality (IMHO) than the original (runs for cover).. The head and solid bracelet have a wonderful balance and weighty-ness to it.

This one has a lovely patina to the dial, and the red central chrono hand has gone a wonderful khaki colour, instead of pink.. it looks beautiful..

Cheers
Stewart

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE