The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Cousins

While driving down interstate 75 in Georgia, USA I suddenly smelled watches. I was just about to get to the Dalton, GA exit so I pulled off and drove downtown. There was a row of Pawn Shops on one street so I parked and stopped in the first one. In a glass case just inside the door I spotted this Heuer stopwatch with an interesting dial and after some haggling bought it.

I asked the owner if any of the other shops had watches and he said his cousin down the street sometimes had a watch or two. I strolled down the street and talked to his cousin who was a nice guy but alleged that he had no watches at the moment. We talked for a minute and I noticed that he was wearing a nice looking Crhono on his wrist. I asked about it and he showed it to me. I asked if it was for sale and he said it had been his daily wearer for a couple of years but that ultimately...everything is for sale. Turns out that he needed some money for a trip he was going on the next day so now his daily wearer is my daily wearer...at least for a while...

IWC Spitfire....I changed its original IWC Croco strap for this mesh....I wear out leather straps too fast.

JohnCote
From the watch trail!

Messages In This Thread

Cousins
Re: Cousins
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE