The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Autavia non-chrono Diver.. well, sort of..

OK, it's not even a Heuer.. but as you can see, it's got a lot of Autavia case DNA (ish). I think this is what drew me to this.

This Certina DS2 PH200 came from Sweden - the crystal was badly mashed up, the bezel was stuck solid and it needed a little bit of TLC. I sorted the bezel, and it went off to James for a new glass crystal. He relumed the filthy hands, cleaned up the indices and dial...and this is the result..

It is from 1972-75, it has an in-house Certina movement with semi-quick date change. When new, the yellow hand and square minute indices were bright orange, I was contemplating restoring the colour, but I think it looks fantastic with it's faded to yellow hue. I have also resisted the temptation to restore the case, it is as original, unpolished, and it's staying that way.

A Q&D before shot...

After... sporting a nice mint Tropic Sport vintage strap...

Cheers
Stewart

Messages In This Thread

Autavia non-chrono Diver.. well, sort of..
nice, Stewart!
and my Certina...
Damn that looks good :-) *NM*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE