The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Chromed pushers.. crown, unsure
In Response To: Very nice Stuart ()

Good question Mark, I'm glad someone spotted it.
From what I have read, the ES all stainless steel model did have chromed pushers and possibly crown too. One of the discussions I found online, there was some chatter about (another example) how clean the pushers were as most he'd seen had the chrome wearing off. IIRC, the crown wasn't mentioned. But, I have a strong suspicion that the crown on mine isn't original, it touches the bezel, which isn't right. I'm hoping to source a more suitable crown, but the stem size is an unusual one.

Stewart

: One question - did the ES use chromed brass pushers and crown, or
: have they found their way onto your watch from the
: "vanilla" 417?

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE