The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Great photo John
In Response To: Great photo John ()

: Even though I still can't quite get my head around that sidepod
: bulge...

Mark,

Thanks. Aside from Indy (I grew up here) I am a road racing nut. Indy is special. The drivers say it is almost like a road course because, even though you keep turning left, each corner is approached differently. All I can say about these new cars is that they seem to go into and out of the turns very gracefully. They seem to be very nimble. I have seen very few wobbles from my holes in the outer safety fence....which is fine with me. I am getting to really like the form and the function. I sort of wish we still had a bunch of different team designed cars but there is no money for it.

If you have never been to Indy....do it one May day!

JohnCote

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE