The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: V4 and Monaco 69
In Response To: V4 and Monaco 69 *LINK* ()

: Hi,

: Two questions about these two TAG Heuer concept
: watch, V4 and Monaco 69.

: 1. Are these coming to production and if so,
: when?

: 2. Have anyone any ideas what will be
: pricerange?

: Sincerely,
: Samppa

Hi Samppa,

I am new to this forum although I have been following OTD and this forum in particluar almost everyday as I have just started collecting vintage Heuers. Anyway, I am based in Hong Kong and I have just spoken to the Tag Heuer boutique here in Hong Kong. They have confirmed that the Monaco 69 will in fact be going into production at the end of this year. They are hoping to get this watch in time for X'mas (for obvious reasons) but it ain't going to be cheap and apparently they will only have a limited run (don't know how many though)and will only be availble by special order. The retail price of this watch in Hong Kong will be HK$49,000 which is approximately US$6300. You should bear in mind though that watches in Hong Kong are generally cheaper than in the States and Europe because there is no sales/VAT tax.

Just so you know, the shop actually has all three of these recent concept watches on display (i.e. Monaco V4, Monaco 69 and the Mercedes SLR watch). I have to say both the Monacos are absolutely stunning, especially the V4 - the intricacy of the internal workings of the watch is just amazing! Unfortunately there is no official word yet from Tag Heuer on whether the V4 will be produced - we may end up having to wait another two years (a bit like the Monaco 69).

The Monaco 69 in the flesh is in fact quite thick but the finishing (at least on the concept watch)is very nice especially the construction of the bracket that holds the watch and allows it to swivel. If you are really interested in getting the watch, you should perhaps talk to your nearest Tag Heuer dealer or, better still, you may want to contact the Hong Kong boutique shop and order it here to save a bit on the cost - the Hong Kong boutique is taking orders now (no deposit needed). Good Luck and hope this information is helpful.

Messages In This Thread

V4 and Monaco 69 *LINK*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE