The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
A 2nd frauster to look out for

There is a 2nd fraudster operating at the moment that people should be aware of.
The alarm bells started ringing immediately for me when i received a reply on a cheaply advertised Silverstone.
Here was his reply -

" From the start I want to inform you that I left US a couple of days ago and came to UK. I work with "Save The Children Foundation" and I had to come here, where I will have to stay for the next 6 months. I thought I will be able to sell it before I leave US but it didn't happened. And I had to take it with me because I had no place to leave it there.

If you still want to buy it, I think that if we use an escrow shipping company will be the best and safest for both of us (I will pay all shipping fees). If you do not want to buy it, I totally understand you. Let me know.
"

A quick google search showed up this theif having cheated many people with false sales in many collectable areas - art , vintage weapons , jewelery & watches. I chose not to have any further contact with this scoundral.

Bottom line - if it looks too good to be true then you know its wrong.

Good luck - Darren

Messages In This Thread

Warning: Hervue Pair Offered on CraigsList = Fraud
A 2nd frauster to look out for
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE