The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: EBay auctions
In Response To: EBay auctions ()

A hard one to nail precisely, but it looks like it could be a black-dialled variant of the 2403 as shown in this '30s catalogue:

The narrow shield and lack of Heuer stamping put it earlier than the 40s-50s the seller states - those are indicative of the 1930s for me. The 5 digit serial in that sort of range is indicative of a 30s watch too, prior to adopting 6-figure serials at some point during, or possibly immediately after, WWII. I note that it has round pushers, which if the case is original is both quite unusual for Heuer at the time and the watch could not date from before 1939, as that was when Heuer introduced their first waterproof wristwatch case.

So I can't be definitive one way or the other, the case has been refinished and crown replaced so hard to tell whether it's original as a whole, but the dial looks right, movement is period correct, serial number could be in the right sort of range... Could be worth a punt at the current bidding levels at least.

Messages In This Thread

EBay auctions
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE