The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Always hated 'WIS'... I like the line in Shawshank Redem..

I don't know why, but I've always held a particular dislike of the term WIS.
Whenever I wish to refer to fellow Heuer collectors, I'll often use the term 'Heuerista', which is a pleasant and precise way to describe a Heuer collector who knows their stuff, plus it holds a little elegance. But.. I agree with the comments that it is limiting, as us Heueristas (see!!), have a healthy appreciation for other fine marques.

One of my favourite films is the Shawshank Redemption, and I love the way that the lead character (name evades me right now) describes his love of geology - specifically rocks... He unpretentiously calls himself a 'rock hound', which is so well put.. So if anyone asks me about my interest, I always like the term 'watch hound', which is a nice way of putting it. It invites further interest, and is unassuming. So 'watch hound' gets my vote.

Cheers
Stewart

: I like heueristas, but it's a bit limiting. Think how many times we
: drool over zeniths or, more recently, all those wonderful UGs
: and some of us also have a large collection of Tags...so, I see
: myself as a watch geek, with a Heuer bias

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE