The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Best to balanced and to have all the facts...
In Response To: I missed something? ()

Guys

Rob did indeed miss out to the Ebay seller, after buying it fair and square (or so he thought).

I even tried to help Rob get the watch after the event, but we decided together that we could not trust the seller so walked away at his increased offer of $4250.

Seller then relisted and Bullitt bought the watch, he did not buy the watch through any sneaky back door method, so cannot really be blamed for buying the watch once relisted.

We can of course blame the Ebay seller, who took $3500 at first and then $4750 later, but i'm sure anyone with a balanced view would not blame Bullitt for this.

Always best to be sure you know the facts before you call someone elses character into question...

Have a good w/e

Rich

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE