The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Nice, but...

Interesting post, and I agree Mark that it is good TAG-Heuer develop their watchmaking expertise and innovation, but...

....it is a shame for me that TAG just get sucked in with all the other current chronograph makers to the "more is more" school, and the watch is a busy collision of different materials and finishes and lots of decorative effects with no particular functional reason. TAG Heuer are no worse (or no better) than everyone else today, be it Omega, Zenith, Hublot, Audemars Piaget, etc. It would have been a bold choice to make a very high end watch but with a purely functional design (i.e.: like an early carrera or autavia).

I guess the watchmaking marketing departments know a lot more than I do, and the excess of irrelevant details is what people want. They are probably right, as anyway I don't buy modern watches...

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE