The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: You Are Correct -- TAG Heuer has Made Dashboard Timers

The reissued TAG-made timers don't really fit with the aesthetic of the Singer though. I think the clock on the Singer dash is quite cool looking, actually. But they are going to rue the day they slapped that Heuer decal on there. If LVMH sicks their lawyers on Singer, the scene is going to get ugly. I agree with Jeff that the fact that the subregisters don't work is super stupid. But from a purely aesthetic POV I love the look. It would be a shame if Singer gets put out of business by LVMH over a silly decal...But it could happen.

: You are absolutely correct, that TAG Heuer has done re-issues of
: several of the dashboard timers in recent years -- Master Time,
: Monte Carlo and Autavia. Any of these re-issued Heuers would
: have been an interesting choice for the re-done Porsches, but
: technical aspects (mechanical versus electronic), aesthetic
: issues and the pricing probably make the genuine Heuers an
: unlikely choice.

: Jeff

: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE