The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Repair shop for Autavia GMT? *PIC*

Hello. I'm new to the forum. I have an Autavia GMT that I have owned since new. I believe it is a 2446c, and the serial number is 145727. It has a compression case, and I believe some previous watchmaker may have replaced some of the hands with non-original ones. The metal band is a Heuer, but I think the original band was leather.

Some years ago, the stem pulled loose, and I put it in a drawer. I would like to have it repaired by a trusted watchmaker who understands these timepieces and has access to parts. The bezel is quite faded, and I would like to get it replaced if one is available. Otherwise, it was in working condition when I put it away.

I would be grateful if any of you might be able to steer me to someone who could work on this timepiece.

Egon Frech

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE