The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
New Arrival - Abercrombie & Fitch Seafarer 2444 MKII

Well,

after a short wait - this beauty arrived today.

on the whole i am very pleased - it's not Perfect and has some defects - but in my eyes these are acceptable.

the left (tide) register has som hairline scratches on it.

the minute hand has a miniscule dot where the lume is missing

the biggest issue, and maybe some of the Seafarer afficianados can help me out here, is that the inner bezel ring seems to be cracked (look to the left of the tidal register (9 o'clock).

The chrono function works properly however when resetting; the second hand chrono resets to zero when i press on the pusher (as it should) but then jumps one second ahead when i release the pusher.

it also seems to be a different color that the rest of the watch it seems almost gold or polished nickel, - maybe it is tarnished? not sure if that's at all possible but i guess my question is how can i find a replacement for this piece.

the rest of the watch is immaculate, the case is very clean , has some very light scratches but almost none - no need to polish, my guess is a light rub with a cloth is all that is appropriate.

Next step will be to find a good strap, David?

Messages In This Thread

New Arrival - Abercrombie & Fitch Seafarer 2444 MKII
Re: New Arrival - Abercrombie & Fitch Seafarer 2444 MKII
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE