The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
It was like X-mas !

Mid June, I concluded a deal with Nathan, a New Zealand friend of OTD for an Heuer Diver. Soon after I went for 2 weeks on holidays with my family and I was expecting to find the new piece on my return. By first week of July, still no sign of the watch and I started to share my concern with the seller. Belgium is a rainy country and in particular during this first half of the year. Although we are in the summer, the chances to have diner outside are very little. However, thanks God, one day it was sunny, 25° Celsius and my wife, who reacts very quickly, brought back good meat to have a BBQ. Our BBQ is in the garden at the back of the house. I removed the cover and prepared everything to grill our diner when I noticed a small chips plastic bag hidden between the legs of the BBQ; I went to throw it away when I realized it was a postal bag coming from New Zealand! Inside, the Heuer Diver in its nice original blue box, unaffected by its outside stay. It was like X-mas.
None knows since when the pack has been put there by the courier service. Let’s imagine that the consistent rainy weather would have not stopped the whole summer . . . ! A small word in the letters box would have been perfect but apart that, I can say that the NZ postal service is very efficient. Thank you Nathan for this nice deal.

Picture: courtesy N. Haines

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE