The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Heuer Parts made into a motorbike

Further to Stewarts earlier post I have been in touch with the artist who has agreed to build me a bike purely from Heuer parts:

http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2012/07/watch-part-motorcycles/

Thats the easy bit - I now need to try & source some old parts without spending a fortune & wondered if anyone could help with some old broken parts or reasonably priced bits. The bits he needs are:

Since the heuer bezel is recognizable I would love 4 identical ones ... Or two sets of identical ones.
A steel band (beat up is fine), a crown (for the gas cap), two stainless steel clasps for the chassis and part of the gas tank, a couple buckles for the handlebars and as many scrap movemt parts as possible for the engine

Not sure if I should have posted this on WTB but it doesnt seem quite right for on there. I'll post the finished bike in due course once I have it.

I guess the bezels are going to be the tricky/costly bit - anyone got any ideas?

If anyone else is interested & we get enough parts we might get a reduced price for ordering more than one? I think they are normally in the range of $700+ though I havent had any firm price yet but that probably depends on what it costs to source parts as he normally does that but I thought it might be easier if I did it.

Please have a dig round your old sock draws for me :)

Cheers
John

Messages In This Thread

Heuer Parts made into a motorbike
Best of luck..
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE