The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: What's the deal about this dial ??? W.O.S.T.E.P. ???

Hi Toy
That is a very interesting dial and the first time I have seen one quite like it. It is however not the first watchmaker school dial we have seen in what is essentially a Heuer watch. I have a Carrera 1153 S with "Uhrmachererschule Solothurn" on the dial replacing the Heuer and Carrera logo's. There was another one sold in the Haslinger auction and appears in Arno's book. Both my watch and Arno's example have Hamilton signed bridge on the calibre 12 movement. My case is however stamped 1153. It would be interesting to know if all the other details on your example (serials, bridge etc) are the same as the Heuer version or are there any differences.
Thanks for sharing this interesting piece with us.
Regards
Paul
www.heuerworld.com

Messages In This Thread

What's the deal about this dial ??? W.O.S.T.E.P. ??? *PIC*
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE