The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Hands are Original / Luminous Material Filled

wow -- you have good eyes!! movement was overhauled (as it had never been serviced), case was refinished, and pushers and crystal were replaced. hands were not replaced -- the luminous material in the time-of-day hands was re-filled; I do not believe that Hans did anything with the chrono second hand (big blue one), but I will ask him what the possibilities are for your "problem".

I would be interested in what others think, but I made the decision that refilling the luminous on the time-of-day hands was an acceptable step in the restoration. Here is a "before" shot of the minute hand - - -

Thanks for the kind words.

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Congratulations Jeff,

: Your Autavia 1163T looks beautiful after the
: restoration. Apart from servicing the
: movement, refinishing the case and replacing
: the pushers and crystal, was there any other
: job done ?

: I would like to know if Mr. Schrag also
: replaced any of the hands, because my
: "Jo Siffert" Autavia has a tiny
: chip on the blue center second hand that has
: been bothering me for a while. If Mr.
: Schrang has an extra set of hands, mine will
: be the next one on his service list !

: Thank you for sharing the pictures !

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE