The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Autavia Repair Help

Hello all,
I am new here, so please excuse me if this is posted in the wrong area. I recently acquired an Autavia 1163. It is in relatively good condition, but it needs some help. I was told by my local jeweller that the crown gasket has dissolved. He suggested a generic crown, but since I would really like to salvage the original, I refused. Can't the gasket be replaced without replacing the crown? I have scoured the web for many hours trying to find a place to send the watch for an overhaul (it also needs a new crystal), but I cannot find anyone that knows or works on these old chronographs. Can someone suggest a few names of qualified watch repair locations here in the US? Thanks for your help; I am very frustrated.
Carl

Messages In This Thread

Autavia Repair Help
Try Craig at www.chronodeco.com
Seconded
Re: Seconded
I third Craig...
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE