The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Autavia 2446 Rindt restoring by Martini

Dear friends,
it's a pleasure for me show the restoring of my Heuer Autavia 2446 1st Rindt.

Luca Martini, Giancarlo's son, take the watch and decided to realiza a conservative restoration to take care of the original patina.
I'm totally agree with him and, thanks to Paolo's help, the final resoult is amazing!

For the hour and minute hands, he removed the rust from iron one and put on rodium on the second one (they are are of two different materials), removed the original tritium and reused it, adding new one in the same color.

Movement was opened and totally overhaul

Some rust problems with the case: only solution is take on new material with laser!

The original bezel, damaged in a previous repair, has been replaced with a NOS one. The insert, still in good condition, was removed and mounted on the new ring ...

For the dial, Luca Martini used a special oil treatment to protect and give a great light to the original paint: look the difference!!!
Before

... and after!

caseback, perfect, doesn't need restoring: all signs are perfect!
Engine in chassis

Here's the watch in all his beauty!

Thanks to Martini Giancarlo, Luca Martini and Paolo!!!!!!!!!!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE