The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Poor watchmaker.. my experience

A few weeks ago, I posted about my nightmare experience with my carrera being polished despite my telling the guy not to do so. I wrote the post while I was still furious about it. After a bit, I calmed down some. I didn't name the guy in the post, and decided not to do so here afterward. I won't use him again, and if anyone asks, I will tell them the story, but putting a name on the internet to shame someone is a serious matter.

I'm not sure that my watchmaker was a real scoundrel, or just screwed up. I was burned, but after I calmed down, I realized that maybe this was a one-off mistake and not a sign that the watchmaker was a total disaster.

Yours, on the other hand, seems to be a totally different matter. Being lied to or ignored is entirely different, especially from someone who is supposed to be trustworthy when it comes to Heuers and holds himself out as an expert. I think you've pretty kind to Jonathan Scatchard of vintageheuer.com under the circumstances.

Scott

Messages In This Thread

Re: Poor watchmaker.. my experience
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE