The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Dug out the ol' Orange Boy +Tachy + orange lume!

I've popped a near NOS Tachy bezel on my Orange Boy. I have to admit that I've been ignoring this ol' Autavia, and I'd forgotten how vibrant the orange elements are. In daylight the orange really pings, well, it actually fluoresces, and it's quite stunning.

I've tried to capture the orange using my laptop screen.. and it hasn't really worked, as bright as the orange is in these pics, it doesn't come close to when in daylight - but I thought I'd share the pics with you anyway..
Another thing I've noticed.. the lume has a slight orange tint. I've noticed the same tint with the Heuer orange diver. Great to see these little touches and attention to detail that Heuer applied. (doesn't really show in the photos, but it is there, kinda a peach tint)

Stewart

Messages In This Thread

Dug out the ol' Orange Boy +Tachy + orange lume!
stunning
Re: Dug out the ol' Orange Boy +Tachy + orange lume!
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE