The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Autavia and Monaco serial numbers - should they tally?

I'm hoping the numerous Heuer/Autavia/Monaco experts can perhaps shed some light on this...

So the Autavia serial numbers and dating is pretty much established by Mark Moss here:
http://www.onthedash.com/thoughts/serial-numbers-of-viceroy-autavias/
A Viceroy Autavia is likely to have serial number 24XXXXX to 26XXXXX etc...

I see a lot of Monaco 1133s with serial numbers 16XXXX - this tallies with the above - the Monaco 1133 is supposed to have been introduced in 1969/70.
But I also see a lot of Monaco 73633s with serial numbers 16XXXX - now this seems to be rather strange, cos the Monaco 73633 was supposed to have been introduced in 1972.
So why would a Monaco 73633 introduced in 1972 (when the Autavia serials should be in the 24XXXX to 26XXXX range) have a 16XXXX serial number (which by Autavia standards, should date to 1969/70)?

ben
Singapore

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE