The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: I'd suggest a forum search on elvirab or Fake.

Hello Chuck and Jeff

You guys are my hero's but again I must point out that the original question was if it was fake , not , does this guy screw "onthedash" members of ebay .

[ Snip ]

LB,

I don't know what happened to my earler post. Don't know if it got lost in the forum software or I never actually posted it. I wish I had the time today to reconstruct it from memory, sorry.

I understand what was asked, and was my reply was.

I trust Jeff's assessment that the hands and bezel are suspect. I remember the many liberties taken by this seller to disguise parts as something they are not. I have seen too much to recommend anyone purchasing from him unless it's for parts they need. Even then I would have serious concerns about the origin of the parts. This seller reputation is less than stellar.

I use it to find bastard Heuer Frankens and make them one again ( for my personal collection ) .

An admirable goal. However, if you are interested in the watch for salvage you likely not so concerned about purchasing one that's at least a little franken.

[ Snip ]

But sometimes we get so angry and set on the kill we loose sight of what is really happening .

I was/am not angry. I'm not "set on the kill".

I stated a fact, the seller is a known seller of fakes. And I've suggested researching what has been reported.

Could the onthedash page have reformed this thief ?

A thief has to want to reform for any attempt to work.

If so the world is a better place !

I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for this fellow to reform.

See Ya

LB

Good Hunting, be it for parts or for genuine watches complete.

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

(Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Chronographs, like many things in life, only improve with age…

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE