The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Autavia 73663 ? *LINK* *PIC*

Whoops, forgot to add my serial number: looks like 202147.

Hi there,

I just found your cool website, and thought I'd write ( I also just wrote the OntheDash site owner). I bought two Autavia 73663s back around 1975; one for my brother, and one for myself. Using his Master Reference Table, I think mine is the first of the three 77663s he has listed (I've attached URL for scans). My brother lost his years ago, while I have been lucky enough to hold onto mine all this time. I wear mine almost every day. I have a couple of questions for you guys, if you don't mind the trouble.

First, where do you recommend I send my Autavia for an overhaul job (basically clean and lube--it runs fine)? Back to Heuer? (What exact address do you recommend). I've only had it cleaned twice that I can remember, both back in the '90s; once by a place called FatherTime in Chicago, and the other time by a place on Madison Ave in New York (can't remember the name).

Second, what are my best bets to find another Autavia for my brother, and what do you think I need to pay for one in excellent condition?

Many thanks, and again, awesome sites!

Gavin Hougham

Messages In This Thread

Autavia 73663 ? *LINK* *PIC*
Some Information / Wore Mine Today
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE