The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Another Space-Related Heuer
In Response To: space chrono ()

Well, six years after the fact, I am happy that I have completed the research on another Heuer timepiece that played an important role in space exploration. Just a few weeks ago, I interviewed the person who used the timepiece, and his memories were clear and very interesting.

Next, I will write up the story. Hopefully, this phase of the research and writing will take a lot less than six years!! Thanks for asking / thanks for the reminder.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++

: while reading through your archive and the well researched article
: on John Glenn's stop watch I found you comment:
: " I have found another Heuer stopwatch that was used for the
: Apollo 11 mission (the first manned exploration of the moon),
: but that story will have to wait for another day!! "
: did that story ever come to life - very curious to learn more

Messages In This Thread

space chrono
Another Space-Related Heuer
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE