The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Tradition Stellaris Chronograph

Mark,

It's the only one I've had without a Ref. Number. It is powered by a Valjoux 7730, which leads me to believe it may have been made before 1969. Or maybe it was polished off sometime during its life, the Serial Number is still visible. It's just like the other Tradition 7723 I happen to own, with the exception of the dial, which is a panda.
The caseback is marked Stainless Steel, instead of Stainless Steel Back, as in the 7721 model.

When did Heuer start stamping Ref. Numbers between the lugs?

When I found it, it was missing its crystal, but it was running and keeping good time, with chrono functions working properly.
I had no idea what Stellaris was, but after a bit of research I was able to learn it was just another Sears line of watches.

The dial is a real joy to look at, and I don't usually care for silver dials.
It turned out to be a keeper!

Regards

Darwin

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE