The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Help sourcing parts for 980.006 Diver professional

Yes, all of the parts that you are looking for are available generic. I have refurbed about 6 of those now and they are a fun project. Checking my notes I have the the mineral crystal at 31mm x 3mm and the crystal gasket is an L form 30.9mm id. I don't remember what the caseback gasket is but it isn't hard to get. When you open it up just measure the grove that it sets into and get a few sizes each way.

I haven't had to replace a crown yet so I don't have a number for it. I do know that there are generics available, so its just a matter of getting the correct size and tap.

Best of luck,

Eddie

: Hi I am looking for your help answering some amateur questions.

: I found a very tired and beaten 980.006 quartz that I would like to
: improve as much as I can myself. Not to save money but more
: because it could be fun. (Will probably need a little help from
: my friendly watchmaker)

: Stewart tells me that I can get the parts from
: http://www.cousinsuk.com/ , but which are the correct parts?

: So if you can help me I would like to know sizes for:
: ¤ Crystal (mineral?)
: ¤ Seal for crystal if there is one.
: ¤ Crown. Is it C8613
: http://www.cousinsuk.com/catalog/4/4/215.aspx .
: ¤ Caseback seal.

: Hoping, maybe somewhat optimistic, that somebody has this data
: lying around.

: Peter, Denmark

:
:

:
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE