The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
New Member, New Camaro for the Register *PIC*

Hello all. Wonderful and civilized around here, a pleasure compared to the way audiophiles go after each other elsewhere.

My Camaro has a little story behind it. My wife, who is from Frawnce, home of good taste, was shopping with me at Tourneau for something used maybe 15 years or so ago. She zeroed in almost immediately on a Camaro and we bought it. I didn't want a Breitling, which you see everywhere in one form or another, and anyway that "ilk" is just too big for my wrist.

Yadda yadda I thought, okay, but I didn't warm up to my Camaro very quickly. What a dummy. Before too long I got a nice leather strap for it (going for a deployment clasp soon) and began to realize just what a unique jem I had. Drat, my wife was right again! Big problem in our marriage. It's been my sports watch of choice since then.

A word; I'm not really a collector, just a guy who appreciates fine things, like art, watches, vinyl, tubes, F1, a nice jaunt in my Aston Martin DB4 Zagato (I wish), Goodwood, etc.

In 2002, another audio reviewer (Ken "Kracked Krystal" Kessler, anyone know him? big watch guy, duck!) and I received Daniel JeanRichard Calibre DJR 25 Type 1111A chronos. Big beautiful heavy thing with deployment buckle.

www.danieljeanrichard.ch/collect/chronoscope/e_chro_2.html

I was blown away by it, just _loved_ it, and let my Camaro waste away unused. Thanks, I needed that. Recently, however, while at Tourneau again, the counterperson asked me if I also wanted a strap for my Heuer which I was wearing. Hmmm, she knew it was pre-TAG, I was a little startled, said I'd be back, and found you all! A treasure trove of info!

I now don't wear the JeanRichard much as I've fallen in love with my Camaro all over again. It's a two-register series 73343, runs a touch slow, and could use a new crystal. Damn, it's hard getting a p/s digital to focus under the crystal, so this was the best I could do for now.
Regards,
J-10

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE