The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Carrera box questions *PIC*

I previously posted asking about values on my Carreras. Thanks for the responses. I now have a further question about a box. I have the 2 Carreras but only one box. So as background, the first Carrera is a 3147N, first execution, so according to the material on OTD it would have been made sometime in the few month period of 1966/67. The second is a 2447N, with second execution dial and hands. Again, according to the reference on OTD, this would have been made in 1970/71.

The box is the long "cigar" box, 10"x2 3/16"x1 1/8". It is red leatherette and enclosed in an ivory color paper slip tube. At first I thought this box was for the 2447N, since that watch and the original hang tag for that watch were stored in this box. However, the 2447 came with a GF stainless bracelet, and I don't think Heuer would have sent a bracelet watch in the long flat box. The later Chronosplits that I have (with bracelets) were sent in the cube shaped boxes. So then I'm thinking the box must have been for the 3147, which came with a strap. However, the top of the box is marked "Heuer Automatic Chronograph", which I didn't think were available in 1966/67.

So my question is: Does this box belong to EITHER of these Carreras? If it does, I want to keep it with the correct one if/when I sell them. Thanks for your help!!

PS – I'm going to try to post pictures in this message. I do have them now up on the internet, so we'll see if I can master including them here.

Messages In This Thread

Carrera box questions *PIC*
Of boxes and belonging
Re: Carrera box questions
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE