The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: "Economy" Beads Of Rice Bracelet Question

: I've seen what I think was referred to as an economy version of the
: GF MK2 beads of rice bracelet on the forum a couple of times.
: Was this bracelet sold on Heuer watches, and if so which models?
: Is it signed Heuer anywhere?

I have in my hands an example of what I know as an "economy beads of rice bracelet". It looks like a Gay Freres until you get really close up. It has the same kind of end pieces although I have seen them with straight spring loaded ends. It has no marking on the outside of the clasp. On the underside of the clasp it says "Stainless Steel HongKong". I have seen this marking on a lot of them and it can be in different configurations. These are not horrible bracelets and they look good on a watch but they in no way measure up to the Swiss versions.

As to whether or not an unmarked economy bracelet ever came on a Heuer this is beyond my expertise but I doubt it.

JohnCote

Messages In This Thread

"Economy" Beads Of Rice Bracelet Question
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE