The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
movement question for TAG 1000 professional

I stumbled across the Heuer dive watch reference table on this site (http://onthedash.com/docs/DiveWatchRefTable.html), and I was wondering if anybody could help me with a question I'm pondering...

I have a 38mm 'Black Coral' 1000 series professional quartz (model number: 980.029) and I need to replace the movement.

Out of curiosity, would the ETA 2892 or 2892 A2 automatic movement (with date at 3 of course) from a 38mm Super professional fit, in theory? Is there a difference in the case dimensions? I see that the 1000 professional automatic was only offered in 28 and 42 mm models...

I shall probably just go with a quartz replacement, but I would very much like to know!

The watch is a bit battered so I'm not too concerned about it staying 'original'.

Many thanks and kind regards,

Tom, Paris, France.

Messages In This Thread

movement question for TAG 1000 professional
Re: movement question for TAG 1000 professional
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE