The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: "New" Heuer, can anybody help me with more info

Klocksebbe,

I am far from being the most knowledgeable person on this forum but I think that the story of your watch is that most of the well known Chrono makers produced some sort of generic watches during the difficult economic times of the '70s when sales of their higher end named watches were tough. I have a no-name Breitling which looks a lot like yours with the exception of a date and I have seen many others with the same case and the same movement.

It was said in another recent thread here that these no-name examples are a good and an inexpensive place to start a collection but they are never going to be much sought after except for the Heuer/Breitling etc name on the dial.

Anyway, it is a nice looking watch and a good place to start a passion!

JohnCote

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE