The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Hurricane Sandy
In Response To: Hurricane Sandy ()

Hi Stewart,
We all really appreciate your asking. I reluctantly flew out of Richmond, VA at 5:20AM this morning on a business trip (to Florida which I feel very guilty over since I hoped they would close the airport before I left, quite frankly) leaving a mate to watch over my home for me. I have over thirty oak trees in my front yard (corner lot) and I am fearful. We are expecting strong gusts and lots of rain but it doesn't begin to approach the water and flood devastation taking place further north in New Jersey and New York, at this moment. As I watch The Weather Channel in my hotel room, I see that several NYC area tunnels are under 4 feet of water, as is the site of the World Trade Center and, much of Manhattan is in the dark with power having been cut. In fact, over 5 million homes in the North East are without power at this hour, including the states of PA, NJ, NY, CT, VT, NH, RI and MA. West Virginia is getting heavy snow with up to two feet having fallen so far, too! Virginia Beach has flooding and the Outer Banks of North Carolina have been thrashed with winds and severe flooding/surges causing devastating beach erosion and the loss of several beach front homes the past 36 hours. You are so right, the overall diameter of this "Category 1" hurricane is truly unbelievable. Over 900 miles in diameter! It has made landfall so we can now only hope it begins to slow the winds down somewhat and then moves away quickly which is the current forecast. Pretty unbelievable!
Steve

: I trust our North Eastern US brethren have battered down the
: hatches and are safe n sound. I can't believe the size of the
: thing on the satellite pictures.
: Got my fingers crossed for you.

: Has any of it made landfall yet?

: Stewart

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE