The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Comment from Alex, Posted on Facebook

Here is a comment that Alex posted on Facebook.

i have seen about 2-3 white dial 11630 and compared the dial carefully with the dials of the 15630 and 1563 silver dial. My opinion was always that the markers being with black lines around the lume line belong to the 1563 series whilst the markers having orange side lines to the lume belong to the 15630 series: It always fits: I mean there are only very very few 15630 silver dial on the market: not more than 4 and all have the orange side lines. Also this fits with all the black 15630: so orange outside lines around the lume. I never checked this with a e.g. 11630 silver dial as well as a 11630 white dial: but did today: I still have NOS 11630 silver dials at home: all these dials have black lume lines around the lume (like the 1563!). Than I checked the 11630 white dial I have (see above pic) and this has a completelly different picture: here we have no lume area (line) like discribed but we have lume dot plus a closy top line in black. Same as your two pictures of the 1163 white dial. All the 11630 I have seen showed the same picture. In additional I strongly believe orange hands do exclusivelly belong to 11630 or 15630 models. All 1163 models should wear either steel hands , steel hands with black/dark blue insert or viceroy hands: like the 1163 vic, the siffert or the orange boy. So I believe the 1163 cream with orange hands should be a 11630 white dial (and has thus a wrong case!) and only the one with vic hands orange might be a 1163 cream. For me its magic still that both watch types carry the same lume pattern: this is unusual especiayll a we can assume that these two watches: white dial 1163 and 11630 are not made in the same years.
I am not an expert in the 11630s, but will address the question that he raises about the 1163 "Milk Chocolate" Autavia, when time permits.

One thing that I am very confident about -- this dial and these hands have aged together . . . the tone of the orange on the hands and the orange "stripes" on the registers are identical. Just because we have not seen an identical sample previously does not mean that it is not authentic.

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: This is the model for which we have seen two or three samples,
: but have five or six nicknames. Indeed, we have seen these
: called the "Great White", "White Boy",
: "Blanco", "1163 Cream" and a few other
: names.

: But now that I have seen this one in the metal, and worn it for a
: few hours, I would call it the "Milk Chocolate"
: Autavia.

: More information soon, but in the meanwhile, some quick photos.

: Jeff

:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE