The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
CFM : FS : A pair of vintage Autavia's

Hi all

You won't know me around here, so allow me to introduce myself. I've been a collector of watches for a number of years and consider mysef fortunate enough to have "known" Chuck through many email conversations we had. I miss him a gret deal - his friendliness and his knowledge.

I'm on a few watch forums under the name of Foggy (real name Ian) and am in the UK.

I can't pretend to be an expert on Heuer, but I have owned a few over the years. I'm currently consolidating my collection, so have these 2 Autavia's for sale. I have been offered £2000 for the pair by a dealer, local to me, which feels quite reasonable, but would like to offer them here if anyone in this collecting community wants to make a better offer. The dealer who has made the offer is aware that I am doing this, and I have told him I will give him a final reponse in 1 week, which he is happy with. I'm not in a real hurry to sell, and would like them to go to a good home if possible.

The watches here are, as far as I know, in original condition. The manual winder is Israeli (IDF) issue. Both watches run ok although I haven't had either serviced in the time I've owned them (more than 5 years). Apologies for my lousy photographs. I'm happy for anyone to inspect these watches in the UK prior to striking a deal. Whilst I'd love to sell to anyone, I am not prepared to post outside of the UK, but would be happy to meet up with overseas buyers if on vacation/business in the UK. I apologise in advance, but I don't want to risk loss.

These are fresh to the market, and have the possibility of being restored or left as is.

Any questions, please ask, and I'll do my best to answer.

The bad pics follow below

Thanks for looking

Foggy

Messages In This Thread

CFM : FS : A pair of vintage Autavia's
Both watches have now found new homes. Thanks all NM
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE