The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Agree on Gilmour

I was never a huge clapton fan, but I loved Dave Gilmour. Obviously he was a way, way worse technical guitarist than Clapton but the tone and simplicity and timing of his playing was amazing. My other favourite is Neil Young, also not a technical wizard, but amazing tone and timing.

After that I'd go for Pat Metheny, Carlos Santana, Jeff Beck. For the top five I'd have to include Hendrix, obviously at number one for historic reasons. Probably should add some of the blues players but I don't want to open that whole discussion.

In terms of amazing technique, I'd vote for Joe Pass, unbelievable.

Any other all time guitarist lists out there?

Shaun

PS: agree with you Mark, the strat = carrera, 1960s.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE