The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: superb!
In Response To: superb! ()

Thanks Shaun - i really feel like starting off with saying thankyou for the 10 day countdown. I too was one of the keen followers checking each days presentation gift. Very well done !!!! I think your rare 73663 military was the most impressive Autavia and i could promise it a loving new home should it ever be moved on.

You are indeed very observant - there are 3 different 1-24 auto GMT's in my list. One of which (the one to the left in the 3 side by side GMT's) is in amazingly good condition. Here is another photo of it on its own

I dont have it at the moment , its out on "permenant loan" to my father, he uses it only occasionally and very carefully at that !

It does have a good (but not perfect) bezel insert when compared to the others which have faded back considerabley. I had assumed that the others had started out the same and faded back to their current state. Its interesting that you now offer up the question did they all start with the same finish and shades. Its not something i had considered in this model although i'm aware of the issue with the 2446C & the 11630 GMT's.
Another Heuer mystery i fear !

Cheers - Darren

-
-

: Magnificent collection of autavias - very hard to say which are my
: favourites, perhaps the 11063 GMT, incredible condition, and the
: 1163 "orange boy" with diver bezel. Who knows if this
: was a defined model or not but it certainly would have been an
: available option from a dealer and it is just a great
: combination, really cool. Diver 100 is not too shabby either,
: and, well, ...all of them are great.

: One model which I found really interesting in your collection was
: the 1163 GMT, 1st execution, the one with the perfect 1-2-3-..24
: bezel. Do you know the history of the watch? The very early
: bezels seem to be a dull blue and red, but then there are
: certainly some genuine Heuer bezels of this style that are more
: pepsi colored - with a lighter more metallic blue and red. Do
: you have any observations about these bezels?

Messages In This Thread

Autavia Celebration 1962-1984
superb!
Re: superb!
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE