The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Some words

Duncan,

Some words on your posting: will also rise the classical discussion concering picture and description: which is as old as watch collecting hobby.

- I never did contact you on this item. You asked me on a HDL GF bracelet post if this fits a GMT 11630: I told you NO it will not fit but requires a different type of bracelet.

- You ask me if i would selling this type of braclets: i said yes I have a MINT one but am not able to make picture due to travels within 1 week. I was than contacted several times in-between when to receive pciture, to reserve item ect. Finally I sent a picture in the afternoon direct after arrival: stating that it is dark and that I can make additional pictures of the item if necessary in the morning with better light in the outside: this was not necessary as sated by buyer. We than had a chat on the surface if these bracelets are always slighty bursted as in the picture: which I stated they are ect.

- When I send this bracelet I never ever de-composed it and never ever put it into e.g. a sonic bath ( I also have never received bracelets cleaned by sonic baths: and I also dont clean them in a sonic bath: I hav to many so this would be at least for me a aditional task one day). So I have basically no clue on the conditions of spring bar condition of a bracelet or this bracelet. Especially with the plated bracelets like for Autavia as also Daytona I personally avoid de-composition because fixing is a hassle compared e.g. with a jubilee type one or a GF bracelet. Especially the bracelet i offered was worn 2 months at least on my arm with NO problem: during travel in Asia: in the plane and out the plane, hotel and and and ect. Never ever a watch dropped during that time from my arm or go lost: the bracelet was very tight closng and evrything was as expected.

- Duncan sent me a picture of his GMT and yes this watch was near NOS or NOS or whatever so clearly it as in better conditions than any MINT bracelet...of course there should be a difference between MINT and NOS (I have to state I dont know how the GMT was advertised: for the sake of seller: but trust it is the right NOS wording was used).

- I offered to adjust the links from the bracelet to GMT size as this is a hassle to: I had this once with a buyer and wanted to avoid that the links dont fit after arival: so I went into the safe and adjusted carefully the links to the GMT size: which is necessary as case is slighty higher as normal 11630 or 11063 V cases. So this was included in the sevice and I was very sure when sending the bracelet that Duncan will be VERY happy with it (not knowing about spting bar topic of course). I also inclued two used spring bars for the end links. slightly bended because thisis necessary also for many Autavias: I hat these new sping bars for end links: the end links can most of the time not fixed and thus I use the old two ones from worn watches to insure they fit right away.

--------------------------

So after item arrived I was contacted that the buyer did de-compose the bracelet because he wanted to shorten it by one additional link: OK thats fine and normal depending on wrist size: during this manouver the spring bar popped out (at least I suppose this happend) and was damaged or popped into parts (sping bars we know are made from 4 parts: a spring a tube where the spring is in and two end pievces being put in the tube: when you push to hard on the end links they can pop out as you widen the main tube with the sping eg. by the screw driver used or any other tool): I know this my own and of course these things happen every day 1000 times (or more).... So I would have put the link out and put the rest of bracelet together. But now buyer seemed to de-compose more links (or all links) and check for the conditions of more sping bars (or all spring bars).

- I than offered a full load of sping bars shiped to the buyer for free on my costs: as it seemed he was into de-composing the complete bracelet and I thought likely more sping bars can decompose, pop out or pop away or whatever.

So some questions here.

a) who is controlling conditions of spring bars in the spare bracelet links before shipping by de-composing and re-composing ?

b) who is controlling spring bar conditions after receival ?

c) We had this dicussion here many times on conditions: I remember some 5-6 years ago we made a survey how we can better evaluate watches in a system like timezone ect. When sending a picture or pictures of an original item: is this than the conditions we expect the item to be in: cosmetically. Of course we mentioned MINT or NOS in the text, but are we buying by this text or buy our eye and what we see? Anyhow text or picture both match here. As said the mechanical topic of the spring bars I did not check: like always: I think this is too much asking: but am happy on any suggestion.

So what can be offered to make buyer happy:

a) again a box with spring bars to fit the bracelet shipped for free: i mean shipping might be more costy than spring bars : rateb this about 20 Euro costs: 12 shipping and about 8 for spring bars: 50 or 100 pieces: as said I already offered this in the very beginning.

b) partial refund: OK can be considered but needs to be realistic

ape

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE